At Tribal Health Initiative we believe that every community has the resources needed to help themselves. That is why over 90% of our team is drawn from the Malavasi, Lambadi and Dalit communities that live in our field area.
Vision of the organization
- To attain the highest possible level of holistic health.
- To enhance their socio-economic status while retaining their pride, self-respect and self-reliance and ensuring their active participation in programs meant for their welfare.
- To create an atmosphere highly conducive for the growth and development of local cultures and customs.
- To be an educator to protect and promote health
- To help improve basic knowledge levels
- To provide affordable and acceptable basic health care services to the area.
- To be a facilitator to help people undertake collective action for their welfare
- To provide a support system to help people come back to sustainable methods of farming
- To facilitate peoples knowledge about their rights and responsibilities and help them exercise them
- To help them acquire additional skills and assist them in achieving self reliance through small scale entrepreneurship
- To provide support for the social upliftment while retaining and building on their local cultural strengths
Values – Guiding Principles of Tribal Health Initiative
- Faith in the people and their wisdom
- Sincerity , honesty and total commitment in our work
- Secular and non political
- To respect the dignity of every individual
Below is the video on THI for World Health Day 2022 by NDTV